Sunday, March 15, 2015

EBooks on Ebscohost

1.  I searched for Titanic survivors as my husband is intrigued by anything Titanic. I found it rather funny that 1 result was "How Social Security Picks Your Pocket".  I did like the Most Relevant Sections from this eBook.  The Complete Idiots Guide piqued my interest as they are always good books to look through, I feel. The section that I really liked was on the right hand side of each article...if you clicked on Cite, it pulled up the exact way to site the eBook in 3 different formats: ABNT, AMA, APA. very useful for those like me who haven't needed to cite a source correctly since doing research papers in college.

2.  Constitution Day articles: AP US History, Colonies and Revolution. These two I found more useful content than the others listed. Some listed were not even close to the search term.

3.  By selecting PB Publisher, I received a listing of publishers with Oklahoma in their name. ie. University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, and University of Oklahoma Press. An interesting way to search for published articles of work.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting search results in Ebooks on Ebsco! The relevant sections do help identify why the content was selected--I like that feature a lot.

    Thanks for your post!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete