Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gale Virtual Library

1. I chose boxing for my title. I learned how to kickbox a few years ago and LOVED it! It was cool that it pulled up warm ups of pro boxers, Ali, risks, and benefits. It also had key terminology that would be useful for someone researching for a paper quickly.

2.  I searched gluten free as I have students who are gluten free and family members as well. The listen feature would be useful if you were needing to get other tasks done and wanted to search for information. I'm a multi-tasker so I found it very neat that the entire article could be read aloud to me. I also liked the fact that you could speed up/slow down the reading speed, have the article automatically scroll for you, and change the highlight colors. The color changing is great for those with visual difficulties like Irlens Syndrome where people need t see text Ina. Certain color to read effectively.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful insights about GVRL! GVRL is a great resource for getting quite a bit of information quickly.

    The article read aloud is very useful--I like to listen to the articles in the mythology title.

    Thanks for your post,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete