Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ancestry and maps

1. This kind of creeped me out that I could find everywhere I have lived and my marriage certificate! I also found someone else with my name too! Makes me very cautious to watch statements as same names can get tricky with mailings etc.


2.  I searched for my grandparents and found them! It took a little searching as there was more than 1 of my grandma. Lol I discovered you really need to know years or a general idea of years.


3. Scan born maps - I chose Brokings, near my home town. I looked up Maps from Feb. '28-'48 and found SDSU. In recent years since graduating from SDSU, campus has changed drastically so I want sure that any buildings would still be the same. Low and behold, the Admin building and auditorium were still there! The building at least. I do believe the admin offices have moved to another building lately, maybe...

1 comment:

  1. Neat discoveries in Ancestry, HeritageQuest and Sanborn. Yes, it is tricky looking up info in Ancestry and HeritageQuest due to same names! It sounds like you were able to narrow down by adding some additional info.

    Thanks for your post,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete