Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chiton Library

At first I wasn't sure exactly how to use this site as I'm not a car nut...so I went to the help section at the top right. It was very helpful.
1.  For our car we need to s/I manual transaxle oil, exhaust system, and ignition cables.  I'm still not sure what S/I means but that's what was listed.

2.  The most recent recap for the car was issued 12/5/2015.  Not sure how it can be issued in 12/2015 when it is only Feb. 2015.  It is for an air conditioning odor. Which the car actually has. So this will be helpful when taking the car in for our next maintenance appointment.

3. When looking at the brakes section, it contains all information and more than he car manual! This would be very useful when getting brakes replaced so you know that the repair shop is using the correct parts. Not saying that they wouldn't, but it is always better to get something repaired by having some extra knowledge on the subject yourself.

Overall, I believe this site is very useful for those that want to research car repairs, recalls, repair their own cars, or learn more!

1 comment:

  1. Great discoveries in Chilton--the recall notice about the A/C odor could be beneficial! I'm not sure on the date either--maybe it is just a typo.

    Thanks!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete